General Conference FAQ’s
What should I wear to our conferences?
Attire is casual to business casual. Room temperatures vary so please plan accordingly.
Can I record a session and share it with a friend?
Audio taping, videotaping, and/or transmitting any part of this conference is prohibited. The presentations and handouts are copyrighted and may not be reprinted, blogged, tweeted, or reproduced in any way without written permission of the copyright holder. You may share your thoughts about the conference and some brief quotes, but please respect our speakers and the copyright law by not giving away detailed notes. Thank you for your professionalism.
I discovered I can not attend our conference. Can I get a refund?
Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds for our conferences. You can find someone else to use/purchase your registration and let us know who will be coming in your place. You can also donate your registration to our scholarship fund. (We often have requests for financial assistance from someone in need that would love to attend, but can’t afford to do so.) If you paid for a manuscript critique and already submitted it, but cannot attend, we will mail you the written critique once the conference is over.
Can I bring a family member or friend along to our conference?
If you choose to bring along a family member or friend with you, they will not be able to participate in the meals or sessions without also registering for the conference. The entire event is for paid attendees.
Who do I contact if I have conference questions or concerns?
General conference questions can be directed to our Regional Advisor, Shannon Anderson (Indianaemail@example.com)
Critique questions can be directed to our Assistant Regional Advisor, Angie Karcher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Illustration questions or portfolio showcase questions can be directed to our Illustration Coordinator, Sharon Vargo (email@example.com)
Other conference details:
· SCBWI Indiana is not responsible for lost, late or missing items
· Photos of faculty and attendees may appear on our website. If you have any concerns or questions please contact the Indiana Regional Adviser.
· Conference attendees can participate in the Illustrator Showcase.
· There is no additional charge to participate, but you must choose the
· Illustrator Showcase option when you register.
· Portfolios should contain a maximum of 15 samples of your work (no originals).
· The maximum allowed width is 32” (measured while open). You may also display
· business cards and/or postcards. Tables will be set up and marked, ‘Portfolio Showcase.’
· SCBWI Indiana is not responsible for lost or stolen materials.
Manuscript Critique Guidelines
· These guidelines may vary from event to event so please see registration page for specific information.
If you are a PAL member (Published and Listed) and want to have one of your book titles at the conference bookstore, you will send your name, book title and ISBN number, before the deadline date to designated person for that event.
In the subject line please write the conference name – bookstore. (example – Indiana Superstars-bookstore)
Volunteers will be needed in several areas to keep the conference running smoothly. These areas include such things as being a room host, helping with book signings, transporting faculty or assisting with any additional needs that may arise as plans are finalized. If you will be registering for the conference and would like to volunteer, please contact the Regional Adviser.
I’ve been asked to volunteer, how will I know what to do?
First off, thank you! Depending on what you’ve been asked to do, your RA, ARA or IC will have instructions.
*All information listed is subject to change without notice.