Date(s) - 09/18/2021
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Title of talk forthcoming
Date: Saturday, September 18, 2021
Time: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. EDT (8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. PDT)
Registration opens March, 2021
We are so fortunate to host agent-extraordinaire Jennifer March Soloway for the our final “Grow With the Pros” webinar of the year! Jennifer is with the highly regarded Andrea Brown Literary Agency and is a top agent in her own right. She is offering paid critiques along with a submission opportunity to her afterwards.
JENNIFER MARCH SOLOWAY is an associate agent with the Andrea Brown Literary Agency. She represents authors and illustrators of picture book, middle grade, and young adult stories.. Prior to joining ABLA, Jennifer worked in marketing and public relations in a variety of industries, including financial services, health care, and toys. She has an MFA in English and Creative Writing from Mills College and was a fellow at the San Francisco Writers Grotto in 2012. To learn more about Jennifer, follow her on Twitter, @marchsoloway, and find her full wish list at www.andreabrownlit.com.
EXTRA! Critiques available:
Jennifer is offering written critiques for $45. If you would like to purchase a critique, you need to do so at the time of registration though you don’t have to send it until August 1, 2021. They will be completed and returned to you by September 30, 2021.
Please send the following as a single attachment to Diane Bradley-Kantor, email@example.com in an email by August 1, 2021:
1) A short cover/query letter including a brief author bio.
2) For picture book submissions, a Word doc of the entire text and/or dummy (in Word doc or PDF) not to exceed 10 pages.
3) For longer works (novel/poetry collection/nonfiction that is not a PB), ten pages of text; if you want to include a story summary, please make it only one page and then add 9 pages of the manuscript.
4) Please put “Jennifer March Soloway Critique” in the subject line of your email and label your attachment as “INSCBWI_TITLE OF MS_last name” e.g. “INSCBWI_MY STORY_Robeson”
The critiques will be completed by the end of September, and Diane will email the feedback to you.
All attendees will have an opportunity to submit to Jennifer. The specific submission information will be emailed, along with the link to the replay, to attendees post-conference.
Cancellation Policy & Trouble-Shooting:
Since this is an online event with a recording available for one month afterwards to watch at your own pace, there will not be any refunds issued.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your email contact list. Webinar invites and recordings are sent through the SCBWI email system. Sometimes they are blocked by filters. Send us an email if you do not receive your links by the dates below.
* Your link to join the live webinar will be sent by 6:00 p.m. EDT before the webinar (September 17, 2021).
* The recording will be sent to all registered participants a couple of days after the conference (March 20, 2021) and will be available for re-watching for 30 days.
If you encounter any problems during your registration process for this event or have any other questions, contact Diane Bradley-Kantor, firstname.lastname@example.org or Teresa Robeson, email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.